Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Greyhawk family session 2

So, last Friday we had another session of my Greyhawk game. Most of the time, of course, was spent in the dungeon.

The group managed to avoid holding on to coin that would eventually drive them mad, fight some orcs and see their first PC die.

Now, I'm not a killer DM. Hell, I don't always get that much of a pleasure from killing PCs. This is not because I have a problem with the PC killing in and of itself (I don't kill PCs. If it's not bad luck, then it's the PC's own actions that get him/her there), its that I dislike the whining that may follow. My main group knows not to do this, and to expect death to be fairly final (except with raise dead), but this campaign is primarily made up of my younger brother's friends.

This is not to say that they are all bad in any way. Hell, it's not even that some of them are newbies! The one guy who hadn't played before EVER was one of the better role players of the group. However, among those who had played before, I could see that they much more used to a player safe game: Third Edition and Fourth Edition.

Well, it's gonna be a learning experience for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment